On March 31st, Operation HOPE was honored to recognize Denver’s dedicated volunteer base. With event space generously donated by TIAA-CREF and with gift cards and items generously donated by area organizations including the Denver Nuggets, Starbucks, and Walmart, Operation HOPE (HOPE) was able to appropriately thank those individuals in Denver that generously give their time and talent to deliver Banking on Our Future (BOOF) to at-risk youth throughout the community.
With over 350 trained volunteers in Denver, HOPE is truly blessed. Since BOOF’s inception in Denver, our volunteers have:
• Donated over 2,450 hours of service
• Delivered BOOF to over 15,000 youth
• Taught in over 73 schools in the greater Denver area
• Collaborated with over 30 community-based organizations
• Delivered BOOF to over 600 classrooms
And the above does not even begin to describe the passion our volunteers have for financial literacy. Some specific volunteers were recognized at the event for their loyal support of HOPE and their generosity to their community:
• Crystal Richards, TIAA-CREF, 23 hours of HOPE service
• Jeff Edoff, Beal Bank, 17 hours of HOPE service
• Megan Doering, TIAA-CREF, 14 hours of HOPE service
Operation HOPE sincerely thanks all its volunteers for the time they so generously give to our organization and the youth throughout Denver. HOPE’s work is not possible without kind, energetic and giving individuals, and because of that, HOPE would like to thank our HOPE Corps members!